What is Diabetes and why does it happen?
Diabetes mellitus is a disorder in which the transport of glucose from blood to cells does not function properly.
Your body breaks down the food that you eat into glucose, which it uses for energy. People with Diabetes either don’t have enough insulin, which helps your body breakdown the food you eat into glucose, or their insulin doesn’t work right. This leads into much higher levels of glucose in the blood then in normal conditions. It means it is a disorder in which the transport of glucose from the blood to the cells does not function properly.
Types of Diabetes: There are two types of Diabetes, Type 1 and Type 2.
Type 1 is IDDM (Insulin dependent diabetes mellitus).
Type2 is NIDDM (Non- Insulin dependent diabetes mellitus).
Most people get Type 1 diabetes as a child or young adults, and there’s nothing you can do to prevent it. Type 1 Diabetes is insulin–Dependent, which means that you need to keep track of your insulin levels.
Type 2 Diabetes usually develops in the people older than 40 or people who are very over weight. You usually don’t have to take insulin if you have type2. Type 2 can be control with exercise, weight loss, a strict diet and proper nutrition and diet.
You are most likely to get Type 2 Diabetes if you:
· Are older than 40
· Are very overweight
· Have a family history of diabetes
· Are African American, Hispanic or Native American
· Don’t get very much exercise
Signs of Diabetes:
· You have to urinate more than normal
· You get really thirsty often
· You lose weight without trying
· You start getting hunger very often then usual
· You have tingling in your hands or feet or your hands and feet numb
· You get lot of yeast infections.
How To Detect And Control Diabetes:
Every person has certain amount of sugar in his blood about 5.5 mmol/1. The sugar level in good diabetic control means having the glucose values within the following limits.
§ Fasting 80-120 mg/dl
§ 2 hours post prandial 140-160 mg/dl
§ Random (any time) <200mg/dl
The success of Diabetes control is substantially dependent upon your cooperation. Proper diet “Count On Your Calories”, exercise and nutrition supplement will help to control Diabetes.
It plays an important role in controlling diabetes.
- Eat balanced, small and regular meals rich in fiber.
- Avoid all forms of sugars(sweets.)
- Reduce fatty foods.
- Avoid alcohol.
A controlled diet along with regular exercise cuts down calories and thus maintains the sugar level and body weight.
It means measuring the blood or urine sugar at regular intervals to control your diabetes. It can be done either by using “Urine test Strips” or blood glucose meter.
The common primary diabetes mellitus syndromes are:
· Insulin dependent diabetes mellitus (IDDM) (Type 1 Diabetes)
· Non- Insulin dependent diabetes mellitus (NIDDM) (Type 2 Diabetes).
The distinction IDDM and NIDDM is clinical:
- If insulin therapy is required to prevent ketoacidosis the patient has IDDM.
- If insulin theraphy is not required to prevent ketoacidosis then the patient has NIDDM.
Secondary diabetes mellitus
For ease these may be divided into:
- Gestational diabetes
- Malnutrition- related diabetes
- Pancreatic diseases causing diabetes
- Endocrine disease causing diabetes
- Drugs and chemicals causing diabetes
- Genetic conditions causing diabetes.
Common Risk Factor of Diabetes.
Heart Failure, kidney, neurological, ocular(eye disease) and other such as intercurrent infections and nail fungus. People who have diabetes are at higher risk for high blood pressure and coronary artery disease, which is the most common contributors to heart failure. Over weight is also risk factors for heart failure and diabetes.
Eye disease is a serious complication of both type 1 and 2 diabetes. Weakened blood vessels develop in the retina, the light sensitive tissue at the back of the eye. Bleeding from the vessels damages the retina and may lead to blindness. It has become clear that light blood glucose control helps prevent retinopathy as well as other complications.
To reduce the risk is better to prevent the failure than to treat it. Controlling blood glucose is particularly important, In addition people with diabetes need to control their blood pressure, maintain a healthy weight, keep cholesterol levels low, exercise regularly, limit alcohol intake and quit smoking.
“NEVER GIVE UP… LEARN TO LIVE WITH IT”
By following the given guidelines you can control diabetes but avoid its complications like those effecting the eyes, kidneys, arteries and nervous systems. Take care now “sooner the Better”.
- Strict adherence to diet, exercise and nutritional supplement.
- Regular self-monitoring and routine check ups are a must.
Fight against it. Therefore instead of featuring the disease learn to live with it to lead a normal, healthy and longer life.
D I A B E T R O L
Diabetrol is a balanced vegetarians formula. A balanced formula is a key to help in maintaining normal blood glucose level. It contains proven ingredients, each ingredient information of Diabetrol will help you to understand the activities, mechanism of action, pharmacological effects to support Diabetic patient.
DIABETROL contains 700 mg of proprietary blend:
Ø Memordica charantia extract
Ø Gymnema Sylvestre
Ø Fenugreek seed
Ø Vanadium complex
Memordica charantia extract:
It is also known as bitter mellon. The immature fruits are a good source of vitamin C and provide some vitamin A, phosphorous and Iron. It is a very popular plant, Memordica charantia has been used by natives Indian for diabetics and many infectious diseases. It is a powerful weapon against Human Immuno-deficiency Virus (HIV)
At least three different groups of active constituents in bitter melon have been reported to have blood- sugar lowering actions of potential benefit in diabetes mellitus. These include a mixture of steroidal saponins known as charontin, Insulin like peptides and alkoids. It contains an array of noval and biologically active phytochemicals including triterpines, proteins and steroids, which have demonstrated hypoglycemic properties (blood sugar lowering) or other actions of potential benefit against diabetics mellitus.
The fruit also shown the ability to enhance cells uptake of glucose, to promote insulin release and potentiate the effect of Insulin, in other in vivo studies, Memordica charantia fruit and /or seed has been to reduce total cholosterol and triglycerides in both the presence and absence of dietary Cholesterol.
Note: Bitter melon is not recommended for pregnant women and people with low blood sugar.
This fruit enhance the ability of cells to uptake of glucose and promote insulin release and potentiate the effects of insulin. Also a research study shows that Memordica charantia reduce total cholosterol and triglycerides
Note: Bitter melon is not recommended for pregnant women and people with low blood sugar
Some studies shows the effect of Memordica chanrantia on the glucose tolerance in maturity onset diabetes.
- Investigation carried out to evaluate the effect of memordica charantia on the glucose tolerance of maturity on set diabetic patients. The fruit juice extract of memordica charantia was found to significantly improve the glucose tolerance of 73% of the patients investigated. Refer by :Welihinda J , sheriff MH.
- The hypoglycemic properties of memordica charantia extract was tested on alloxan diabeic rats experimentally memordica charantia extract fruit was effective in diabetes ( fall of blood sugar 54% after 3 weeks).
Gymnema Sylvestre: It has been used for diabetes for over 2,000 years; modern research shows that there was an increase in pancreatic release of insulin among the people who got gymnema. A water soluble acidic fraction of the leaves provides hypoglycemic actions. It contains gymnemic acid, Quercitol , Luped , beta-amylrin and stigmasterol, which have glucose lowering properties.
Gymnema has been the subject of considerable research since the 1930’s with the promising results for type1 and 2 diabetes with no contraindications so far.
- Gymnema has been successful in controlling the blood sugar level with out reducing it to below the normal blood sugar level. It has a molecular structure similar to that of sugar that can block absorption of up to 50% of diatary sugar calories.
- Gymnema anti diabetic activity appears to be due to combination of mechanisms.
- Gymnema leaves are also noted for lowering serum cholesterol and triglycerides.
- It appears to greatly increase the number of insulin secreting beta cells in the pancreas, which returning blood sugar levels to near normal.
- It increases the activity of enzymes responsible for glucose uptake and utilization.
- It prevents adrenaline from stimulating the liver to produce glucose, there by reducing blood sugar level.
Gymnema may also:
· Inhibit insulin inactivation.
· Reduce and normalize plasma lipids.
· Prevent reduction of lean body mass associated with diabetes.
· Normalize blood sugar levels.
· Inhibit the absorption of sugars in the intestine.
Drug Interaction: If taking with other anti-diabetic medications please monitor your blood sugar levels closely as there is a risk of blood sugar levels dropping below normal.
Triphala: It shows anti diabetic action by regulating the blood levels. It also strength all tissues of the body, prevent aging and promote health, immunity and longevity.
Fenugreek: Seeds contain the most potent medicinal effects of the plants.
The steroidal saponons account for many of the beneficial effects of fenugreek, particularly the inhibition of cholesterol absorption and synthesis.
It can help lower cholesterol and blood sugar levels in persons with non – insulin dependent diabetes. Also it helps stability blood sugar control in patients with diabetes.
Research shows fenugreek seeds improved blood sugar control and decrease insulin resistance in those with mild type- 2 diabetic patients.
Vanadium complex: It plays a very important rule in this formula . It effects include hypoglycemic and insulin reserve actions, Insulin sensitivity enhance, cholesterol lowering and other manifestations.
Vanadium complex have been shows to:
- Lower plasma glucose levels.
- Increase peripheral glucose uptake.
- Improve insulin sensitivity.
- Decrease plasma lipid level.
- And normalize liver enzyme activities of both type 1 and type 2 diabetes.
Packaging : Each bottle contains 30 vegetarian capsule of Diabetrol.
Dozen in a case .
Quality control : Each batch tested by quality control chemist under certified lab.
Manufactured under FDA regulated facility, following cGMP’s standards meets XXIII USP standards. We select the effective and purest raw material from all over the world to ensure the quality purity and strength of the product .
Recommended dose : take 2 to 3 capsules a day after meals.or as directed by your health care professional.
Back to main Page